A Cookie is a file that is downloaded to your computer when you access certain web pages. Cookies allow a web page, among other things, to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or their equipment and, depending on the information it contains and the way in which they use their equipment, they can be used to recognize the user. Cookies are essential for the functioning of the internet, providing innumerable advantages in the provision of interactive services, facilitating the navigation and usability of our website. The information we provide below will help you understand the different types of cookies:
TYPES OF COOKIES
ACCORDING TO THE ENTITY THAT MANAGES THEM
- Own cookies: These are those that are collected by the editor itself to provide the service requested by the user.
- Third-party cookies: These are those that are collected and managed by a third party, these cannot be considered their own.
ACCORDING TO THE PERIOD OF TIME THEY REMAIN ACTIVATED
- Session cookies: They collect data while the user browses the network in order to provide the requested service.
- Persistent cookies: They are stored in the terminal and the information obtained will be used by the person responsible for the cookie in order to provide the requested service.
ACCORDING TO ITS PURPOSE
- Technical cookies: They are necessary for the correct navigation of the web.
- Personalization cookies: They allow the user the characteristics (language) for browsing the website.
- Analysis cookies: They allow the provider to analyze the navigation carried out by the user, in order to track the use of the website, as well as to compile statistics on the most visited content, number of visitors, etc.
- Advertising cookies: They allow the editor to include advertising spaces on the web, according to the content of the web itself.
- Behavioral advertising cookies: They allow the editor to include advertising spaces on the website according to the information obtained through the user’s browsing habits.
According to the provisions of article 22.2 of Law 34/2002, of July 11, on Services of the Information Society and Electronic Commerce (LSSI-CE), Ferran Santiago informs about the cookies used on our website:
- Google Analytics: Stores cookies to be able to compile statistics on the traffic and volume of visits to this website. By using this website you are consenting to the processing of information about you by Google. Therefore, the exercise of any right in this regard must be done by communicating directly with Google.
Google Analytics cookies are stored on servers located in the United States. The company undertakes not to share them with third parties, except in cases where it is necessary for the operation of the system or when the law requires this. According to Google, it does not store your IP address. Google Inc. is a company adhering to the Safe Harbor Agreement that guarantees that all transferred data will be treated with a level of protection in accordance with European regulations. You can consult detailed information in this regard through the following link: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245.
If you wish, you can use the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on through whose instructions you can reject the analytical cookies of said service in all browsers. For more information https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
- Own: These are cookies that are stored on your device between browsing sessions and allow us to remember your preferences or actions on various websites.
- Social networks – Facebook
Deactivation or elimination of cookies
Likewise, Ferran Santiago informs the user that he/she has the possibility of configuring his/hers browser so that he/she is informed of the reception of cookies, being able, if he/she so wishes, to prevent them from being installed on his hard drive.
Below we provide you with the links of various browsers, through which you can make said configuration:
- Firefox from here: https://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/habilitar-y-deshabilitar-cookies-sitios-web
- Chrome from here: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=es
- Explorer from here: https://support.microsoft.com/es-es/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies#ie=ie-10
- Safari from here: https://support.apple.com/kb/ph17191?locale=es_ES
- Opera from here: http://help.opera.com/Windows/11.50/es-ES/cookies.html